What are bodycon dresses?
Wearing a bodycon dress is a statement of body confidence and high self esteem. The term refers to ‘body conscious’ as this dress is meant to highlight the body rather than conceal it. These dresses came into the spotlight in the nineties and became popular for the sleek lines it creates for the female figure. It is basically a figure hugging, tight dress made from elasticized material like Lycra or Spandex. It has basically three lengths: Knee, Above Thigh or Mid Thigh.
Bodycon dresses for women must be accessorized properly for avoiding disaster. It implies that one must choose the right jewellery, shoes, tights, jackets and belts. Being tight fitting, it is especially important to wear the right under wear. For extra confidence to wear such dresses, one can wear shape-wear to conceal any cellulite. Also, one must take care to hide Visible Panty Line (VPL). Mostly these dresses are worn as evening wear but it is increasingly used as day wear, styled with the right accessories.
Bodycon dresses have evolved from simple to detailed. They may be sleeveless or strapless or with wide sleeves and straps. Typically, the neck line is low showing off some cleavage. Some are backless or have slits going down in the sides.
Due to their tightness, these dresses do not flatter all body types:
- Pear shaped: This body type must avoid Bodycon dresses. Since hips are larger than bust, it will only accentuate the worst features and fail to highlight your good points.
- Straight figure: Best avoid Bodycons as they do nothing to improve the figure.
- Apple shaped figure: Have broad stomachs, broad hips and no waist. This dress only clings to the figure and gives the appearance of roundness and ill-proportion.
- Hour glass figure: This is the ideal figure for a Bodycon dress. It clings to the curvy figure and highlights the slim and curvaceous figure that one is blessed with. By curvaceous, it is meant that the hips and bust are of same size with a slim waist.
Ways to wear bodycons:
- With cutouts: You can add some versatility to the dress. But ensure you know where exactly the cut outs are placed to avoid too much skin show. Cut outs at the back look good especially with criss-cross straps which is good for flaunting toned shoulders and add a dollop of sophistication.
- U neck design and slash: If you want to flaunt your long legs, opt for a Biocon dress with a slash on the side. A U-neck will flatter a big bust. For a classy option, choose a paneled or ribbed design.
- Shoes: High heeled shoes, boots and stilettos are popular, especially for wearing at evening events. Flats and sandals are ideal to pair up with Bodycon dress in the day time.
- Tights: Brightly colored tights can spruce up a dull colored Biocon dress.
- Belts: Can either complement or contrast with the dress. May be narrow or wide, with a narrow one highlighting a slim waist and a wide, clunky one adding to a casual air for day wear.
- Jackets and cardigans: Vary according to the seasons and settings.
- Jewelry: Since most Biocon dresses are low cut, large chains with beads are ideal for wearing it.
Underwear: The right bras and knickers are essential for Biocon dresses. Supportive bras, a strap less bra, a backless bra are all ideal depending on the shape of the dress.https://onlinedealszone.com/what-are-bodycon-dresses/https://onlinedealszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shopping.jpghttps://onlinedealszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shopping-150x150.jpgFashionLifestyleShoppingShopping Newsbodycon dresses,fashion,Fashion Accessories,fashion tees,Handmade Fashion,lifestyle,women underwear,womens fashion